Which model of iPad is required for Matrix iPad SIM?
Wi-Fi + 3G version of iPad is required for using Matrix iPad SIM’s. Wi-Fi versions do not offer Internet services.
Do I need a different type of SIM for I-Pad?
Yes, As the I-Pad has micro SIM card slot a normal SIM will not fit into it. You will need a micro SIM card which is smaller than the normal SIM. Matrix offers micro SIM for I-Pad.
I am not getting carrier signals at the status bar of my iPad
Try to register a carrier manually by following below procedure.
- Tap Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear (this can take up to two minutes)
- Tap to select the carrier you wish to use
I see full carrier signals and 3G / E symbol still not able to access web pages on my I-Pad?
Please check if APN settings are as specified above and Mobile Internet option is on and Airplane mode is off.
If Wi-Fi is on then turn it off, reinsert the SIM, reboot the I-Pad and try to connect again.
Important points to consider while using Matrix Data SIM’s for iPad
- Ensure that automatic updates are turned off. In case if the automatic updates are on then it is possible that the system when connected could download the updates in the background which can be as big as a 60 MB file.
- Use web mail as far as possible, this will allow you to view your e-mail without having to download the all the mails sent to your account.
- Audio and Video files – Downloading audio and video files also can consume lot of MB’s. Audio file with four minute duration will typically consume 5 – 7 MB, and Video file with four minute duration will consume 15 – 20 MB.
- Computer viruses and email SPAM can contribute significantly to high data usage.
- The amount of MB’s consumed while surfing the Internet may differ, for example if you are simply logged on to www.matrix.in , it will not consume much data packets. However if you are on a website which frequently update its content e.g. social networking sites ,stock exchange or news websites consumes lot of packets as you get the information updated on these sites almost every minute.
- Please do not get carried away with the speed you will get in the 3G countries as people tend to download a lot while the speed is good.
Will I be charged if I use the Internet card on my I-Pad to make calls using SKYPE or some similar Voice-over Internet Telephony (VoIP) software?
Making calls with the help of internet involves data transfer. Any data volume that is being transferred using a Matrix Internet card will be chargeable as per the tariff plan opted.
How much will it cost me if I open a Yahoo!, Rediff or a Gmail page for a minute for I-Pad?
Charging is based on the amount of data transfer. It is not related to the log-in period of time spent.
I have lost my Matrix I-pad SIM
You can contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 9811288888. Alternatively, you should also inform the concerned sales executive, so that it can be suspended with immediate effect to prevent any possible unauthorised usage. In case any unauthorised usage occurs and if Matrix is not intimated about the loss of the Internet card in time, the amount will be billed to the user.
If I face any problem regarding the Internet I-pad SIM where should I contact?
Any functional problems of the data card can be reported at email@example.com or +91 11 2680 0000.